Dear Visitor: ACI's "Tips, Tools & Ideas to Improve Your Writing" was first introduced
as free content some 15 years ago, in the Spring of 1996. Its popularity grew steadily,
through "word of mouse," to the point that each month more than 25,000 users were accessing
the content, with the number ever increasing.
All of that "bandwidth" (user activity)
was costing money to pay our Web hosting company. We tried a voluntary donation system
but that didn't work. So now we are obliged to require a nominal minimum donation of $2.50
for access to this resource.
For your contribution, you get lifetime access to the complete resources of WritingTips.com,
the menu of which you can view below. Part of that $2.50 goes
to PayPal, for its part in collecting the fee. The remaining portion goes to help
defray the costs of maintaining the service.
A $2.50 contribution, in exchange for lifetime access to the material here,
has got to be some kind of record for good value. But if you're in a position to show a stronger level
of support ($5 or $10), we will include "bonus gifts," the same way they do during membership drives
at NPR (National Public Radio). Your payment of $5 will include not only lifetime access to the
complete resources of WritingTips.com, the menu of which you can view below, but also a conscientious
answer to any writing-related question you would like to ask by email (see email address at the bottom
of any page). For a payment of $10, you get to ask THREE questions (hint: both 1 and 3 are Fibonacci numbers - see last item below)
and there is no time restriction or deadline for asking your questions. So choose your membership level,
from the three options below and then get ready to enjoy the material! (After successful check-out at
PayPal, you will be taken to the Members Area. If there's a glitch in the system, just forward a copy
of your receipt to the email at the bottom of this page and you will receive the link manually,
by reply email.)
1. Gems to enthrall and inspire
2. Test your writing IQ: a three-question quiz
3. Seven tips for more effective writing
4. A simple, six-part method for choosing term paper topics
5. The single biggest essay-writing mistake
6. Active voice versus passive voice
7. Less is more: striving for simplicity of expression
8. When to quote and when to paraphrase
9. Word order in sentences
10. How are punctuation marks like traffic signs?
11. When a single comma made the difference between life and death
12. Using lists to improve your business writing
13. Fun with English: discovering palindromes
14. Pet peeves & peccadillos
15. Professional writers secrets to becoming a professional writer
16. Free online research & writing resources
17. Food for thought: quotation potpourri
18. Truth is stranger than fiction
19. Student Bloopers
20. Best college application essay weve ever read
21. The single greatest secret to good writing
BONUS: The Fascinating World of Fibonacci Numbers
All original material at this Website is Copyrighted ©
by Daniel K. Berman, Ph.D. All Rights Reserved.
Any queries concerning the rights to or use of original materials at this site may be addressed to info @ writingtips.com.